Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com ---------------------------------------------------------- Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

2005 Topps Rookie Cup Hobby Edition

Hello again all. I have 2005 Topps Rookie Cup Hobby Edition pack from the Vend-O-Pack to show everyone. Check out the post about the baseball card vending machine I have near me over on my other blog  BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. These packs came with 7 cards per pack with 2 inserts and one sn'd parallel as part of the 7 cards.

2005 Topps Rookie Cup Hobby Edition


#17 Rick Monday (A's)
#82 Kenny Lofton (Indians)
#29 Gary Mathews (Giants)
#58 Pete Incaviglia (Rangers)


Red Parallel #86 J.T. Snow (Angels) Sn'd 337/499
Rookie Cup Reprint #19 Bobby Cox (Yankees)
Rookie Cup Reprint #117 Rafael Furcal (Braves)


Some backs.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Total Cards: 7
Teams Represented: 7
Rookie Cards: 0
Parallels: 1 Sn'd /499
Inserts: 2
Hits: 0
Keepers for Me: 2 (Cox and Snow, the rest are available)

MY RATINGS:Front Design: 6.5 out of 10. Nice design, decent photos Rookie Cup logo, no team logos, same background logo on all cards.
Back Design: 6 out of 10. Nice design, rookie all-star season and total career stats only, no team logo gray and white only colors.
Player Selection: 7 out of 10. Good variety, all rookie cup winners, some stars.
FINAL OVERALL RATING:
Single into left field. I like these cards a whole lot even though the design is fairly simple and I got only two keepers. I like the idea of only all-star rookie cup winners in the set and am always a fan of the reprints of older cards. A different twist is the reprints of rookie cup cards that are usually second year cards of most players. I am thinking of finding a box of these to bust.


Give me your rating on these and check out another pack of these over on A Pack To Be Named Later as I got 2 packs to rip out of the Vend-O-Pack.

Also check out the Vend-O-Pack post over on The Buffet to enter a little contest I am having.
 
 

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Everybody How You Like The Packs