Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com ---------------------------------------------------------- Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Sunday, June 3, 2012

2012 Topps Archives

   Hello all, back here on The Pack Rip Cafe with my first 2012 product, Topps Archives. I've seen the reviews, both positive and negative so I will throw in my 2 cents and rip a pack here.


2012 Topps Archives
    Even the wrapper gives that 80's flashback.

#178 Adam Lind (Blue Jays)
#43 Wade Bogs (Red Sox)
#93 Matt Harrison (Rangers)
#144 Ike Davis (Mets)



#67S-MR Sticker Mariano Rivera (Yankees)
#21 Jeremy Hellickson (Rays)
#71 Jimmy Rollins (Phillies)
#122 Dustin Pedroia (Red Sox)

Some backs


BY THE NUMBERS:
Total Cards:
8
Teams Represented: 7
Rookie Cards:
 0

Sub Sets:
 0
Parallels:
0
Inserts:
 1 (Mariano Sticker) 
Hits:
0
Keepers for Me:
 3 (Mariano Sticker, Boggs, Davis). The others are available as I already have them for the set.

MY RATINGS:
Front Design: 8 out of 10 Good pictures, nice designs, I happen to be a  fan of 3 out of the for design years chosen.
Back Design:
 7 out of 10 Nice designs, true to their original releases.
Player Selection: 7.5 out of 10 Good, Nice range of young thru veterans with a HOFer..

FINAL OVERALL RATING:   Single into right field. 37.5%   (3 of 8) keepers including the insert gets a hit from me. I like the set and have decided to build it (see my needs on the Buffet side bar). I like the retro thing and hope if they do this set again they will pick 4 different years to represent.

  
   Don't forget to leave your rating at the bottom.

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Everybody How You Like The Packs