Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com ---------------------------------------------------------- Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2010 Topps Update Jumbo Rack Pack

Hello all. Things around The Cafe and The Buffet have been crazy busy so posts have been sparse but I found a little time to show off this Topps Update Rack Pack I scored last week. To save some time I am not going to type every card out but all cards are pictured so you can click on them to enlarge the images.
2010 Topps Update Jumbo Rack Pack

A Strasburg but I still haven't gotten the stupid #661 out of any of the packs I have opened so far.


 I like the All-Star subset this year, It fits in with the overall set design unlike in some years past.


 Has anybody noticed that they seem to place all the horizontal cards together in the packs? All the base cards above are available for trade.

4 of the inserts. More Tales of the Game Spahn, Attax Dunn, Turkey Red Johnson, and Peak Performance Weaver. It's kind of a bummer when I still need so many of the TR inserts and I pull a double. These 4 are also available.


The keepers for me. A Vlad, Grandy and Ike along with a CYMTO I needed and a MCG for the Mantle collection. The Kearns Gold is great too but he just looks a little funny in a Yankees uniform. I got a 1994 Cliff Floyd with the MCG code.


And now a surprise..........
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Andrew Bailey 2010 All-Star workout jersey card. (A's)
A Hit!! It's always fun to get a hit from a loose pack but I don't collect this particular player or team so he's up for trade too.


BY THE NUMBERS:
Total Cards:
35 33 (due to relic)
Teams Represented: 20
Rookie Cards:
 4
Sub Sets:
 3 (All-Star) 
Parallels:
1 (gold /2010) 
Inserts:
 8
Hits:
 1 (Baily Jersey) 
Keepers for Me:
 6 (3 players, 2 inserts, 1 gold /2010)

MY RATINGS:
Front Design: 8 out of 10 Good pictures, nice design.
Back Design:
 8 out of 10  Nice design, full career stats, good use of team colors, player picture, good factoid about player.

Player Selection: 7.5 out of 10 Good, Nice mix of stars and rookies.

FINAL OVERALL RATING: RBI Triple into the right field corner. A fun pack to open, a hit, some inserts I needed, gotta be a big hit.



Thanks for Reading!




3 comments:

  1. Like you said, its always nice to get a hit out of a loose pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Wicked Ortega might be interested in that Bailey relic.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Everybody How You Like The Packs