Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com ---------------------------------------------------------- Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Pack Of 1993 Pinnacle Series 1

   Welcome to BA Benny's Pack Rip Cafe. Today I will feature a pack of 1993 Pinnacle Series 1 that I scored from the Vend-O-Pack machine as I like to call it. It cost me 75 cents and there are 15 cards in this pack. I grabbed a few of these so I will save some for down the road.

1993 Pinnacle Series 1
#90 Tom Glavine (Braves)
#95 Omar Vizquel (Mariners)
#2 Cal Eldred (Brewers)
#289 Now and Then Tony Gwynn (Padres)


#161 Dean Palmer (Rangers)
#309 Hometown Heroes Darryl Strawberry (Dodgers)
#10 of 10 Team Pinnacle Joe Carter AL & Larry Walker NL (on back)
#110 Ken Griffey Jr. (Mariners)


#181 Bud Black (Giants)
#179 Dale Valle (Mariners)
#201 Chuck Finley (Angels)
#18 Eddie Murray (Mets)


#199 Ron Darling (A's)
#231 Walt Weiss (Marlins) Expansion Draft
#235 Bryan Harvey (Marlins) Expansion Draft

These cards have a nice simple design with just a little foil to dress them up a bit and I like the photography of mostly in game action shots. In a time where there weren't so many insert sets, the subsets numbered in the regular checklist are nice. An interesting thing too is that the wrappers have different players on front and different offers/information on back.
I got 3 packs with 3 different fronts and backs.
I got 4 keepers out of this pack. Murray, Gwynn, Griffey, and Strawberry. The rest are up for grabs.

Rating: I will rate this one a infield single. The 4 keepers are great players and a few others as well plus an insert with 4 others in subsets gets this pack the cheapest of hits, but at least it's a hit.



Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Everybody How You Like The Packs